Cleveland R. Burke | Associate
Cleve was born in El Campo, Texas and moved to Austin in 1987. After graduating with high honors from the University of Texas School of Law in 2008, Cleve served as a law clerk for the Hon. Will Garwood of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. After a year with the Austin office of a large international firm, Cleve joined Hohmann, Taube & Summers in 2011, where he focuses on bankruptcy and complex commercial litigation.
The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, J.D. with high honors (2008)
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Environmental Law Journal
Duke University, B.A. (History and Spanish), magna cum laude (2001)
- State Bar of Texas (2008)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United Stated District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation and Appellate Sections
- Austin Bar Association, Civil Litigation and Appellate Sections
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS & SPEECHES
- “Business Torts Update - Spring 2011,” Texas Business Litigation Journal, Spring 2011.
- “Massachusetts v. EPA: Standing Up for States’ Rights in the Battle over Global Warming,” Texas Environmental Law Journal, Spring 2008.