Robert Summers | Partner
Robert Summers is a fifth-generation Texan. He has appeared in state and federal courts throughout Texas and in numerous other states. He concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, and has successfully represented public and private companies and individuals (as both plaintiffs and defendants) in disputes regarding: breach of contract, unfair debt collection, conversion, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation, tortious interference with existing and prospective business relationships, unfair business practices, shareholder oppression, covenants not to compete, deceptive trade practices, libel and slander, professional negligence, nuisance, premises liability, usury, antitrust, economic coercion, duress, legal malpractice, trade secrets, intellectual property, patent infringement, securities and construction defects. He has also assisted clients with critical business strategies, control contests, employment issues, public relations and governmental issues.
University of Texas, J.D. (1988)
Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Science (Economics), magna cum laude (1985)
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
AFFILIATIONS & PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section, Antitrust & Business Litigation Section (Litigation Section Board, 2002)
- Travis County Bar Association, Litigation Section (Council Member, 1997)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association (Outstanding Committee Chairman, 1991)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association (Fellow, 1998)
- Travis County Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee (Member, 1995-2002)
- Travis County Bar Association, Litigation Section Board (Member, 2002-2003)
- Texas Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Business Torts Section & Professional Negligence Section-Member, 2004)
- Supreme Court of Texas Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee (Member, 1995-1997)
- Special Assistant Disciplinary Counsel B State Bar of Texas Commission for Lawyer Discipline (Attorney in Charge, 1995-1996)
HONORS & AWARDS
Mr. Summers has been awarded the highest accolade by Martindale-Hubbell: the prestigous AV7 rating. This rating signifies that Mr. Summers's legal abilities are of the very highest standard and that his professional ethics are unquestioned.
Mr. Summers has been named a Texas "Super Lawyer" by Thomson Reuters (2004-2011). He was also listed in the Thompson Reuters "Super Lawyers" Corporate Counsel Edition as one of the Top Attorneys in Business Litigation in Texas (2009-2011).